PLEASE NOTE DUE TO A NATIONAL SHORTAGE OF FLU VACCINES WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY ABLE TO BOOK FLU CLINICS TO PATIENTS 65+
PATIENTS IN OTHER AT RISK GROUPS WILL BE VACCINATED IN OCTOBER / NOVEMBER
There are different types of vaccination for influenza, patients are offered the vaccine that is most effective for their age:
- children aged 2 to 17 in an eligible group are offered a live attenuated quadrivalent vaccine (LAIV), given as a nasal spray
- adults aged 18 to 64 who are either pregnant, or at increased risk from flu because of a long-term health condition, are offered a quadrivalent injected vaccine – the vaccine offered will have been grown either in eggs or cells (QIVe or QIVc), which are considered to be equally effective
- adults aged 65 and over will be offered either an adjuvanted trivalent injected vaccine grown in eggs (aTIV) or a cell-grown quadrivalent injected vaccine (QIVc) – both vaccines are considered to be equally effective.
We have been informed by our suppliers that there is delay in deliveries of the QIVe and QIVc vaccination. We are expecting deliveries of these vaccines after our Saturday flu clinics.
We will be running Saturday morning Over 65 years flu clinics on
- Saturday 21st September 2019 – Drayton Surgery
- Saturday 28th September 2019 – Drayton Surgery
- Saturday 5th October 2019 – St Faiths Surgery
- Saturday 12th October 2019 – Horsford Surgery
Under 65 years flus for those patients eligible and weekday flu clinics (likely to be mid to late October 2019) will be confirmed asap
Appointments can be booked online from early September or by contacting the practice on 01603 867532 (for all surgeries) after 10.00am.
Please check our website or Facebook page for up to date info. Patients signed up to our SMS reminders service or to the mjog app will be sent notifcations when we are ready to book clinics.
If you don’t have online access yet, please contact the surgery. We can register you for this over the phone and email your username and password to you instantly.