Feeling Unwell


Who to contact when you feel unwell and need medical advice:


 Telephone NHS 111

‘Call NHS 111 when its less urgent than 999’

This is a free NHS telephone number (from both landlines and mobile phones) which you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  Confidential health advice and information.  You should use it when:

  • You need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
  • You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • You don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
  • You need health information or reassurance about what to do next

Your GP surgery is closed and you need advice on a medical matter

pharmacy  You can visit any pharmacist when you have a common health problem that does not require being seen by a doctor or nurse.  
They can provide advice on common illnesses such as coughs and colds, including the best medicine to treat them.Your nearest pharmacies are:

  • Drayton Pharmacy, Manor Farm Close, School Road, Drayton. Tel:01603 869029
  • Lloyds Pharmacy, School Road, Drayton. Tel: 01603 260350
  • Pledgers Pharmacy, 205 Holt Road, Horsford. Tel: 01603 893993
drayton logo

 Drayton Medical Practice

 Telephone 01603 867532

Open Monday to Friday, 08.00-18.30 for:

  • Urgent medical attention (non-life threatening)
  • Illness and injury that will not go away
  • Ongoing chronic conditions
  • Doctors and nurses available, pre-bookable and urgent on the day appointments



Walk In Centre

Open 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week for when you can’t get to the GP Surgery. Tel 01603 677500.


minor injuries


Cromer Minor Injuries Unit

Cromer’s Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) is run by experienced emergency nurse practitioners who can independently see and treat all forms of minor injury.

The MIU can see MIU sees patients over 1 year old with:

  • Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
  • Simple wounds – Simple eye conditions, foreign body, corneal abrasions, arc eye
  • Minor burns
  • Soft tissue injury – bites and stings with no associated complications or acute reaction
  • Simple fractures

Cromer and District Hospital, Mill Road, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 0BQ

Tel: 01603 646200


aande  Telephone 999 A&E departments should only be used in a critical or life-threatening situation.   They provide immediate emergency care for people who show symptoms of serious illness or are badly injured such as:

  • Unconsciousness
  • Heavy blood loss
  • A deep wound or stab
  • A suspected heart attack or stroke
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Severe burns
  • Severe allergic reaction
  • Suspected broken bones

Your nearest A&E department is at;
Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UY
01603 286286

 Details of all NHS services can be found on the NHS Choices Website www.nhs.uk

you can download a copy of this page: feeling unwell