Our Nursing team includes Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Phlebotomists.
We currently have three qualified Nurse Practitioners and one in training, within our team, who work across the three sites.
Nurse practitioners are highly experienced and educated members of the care team who have achieved a further qualification to allow them to practice at a more advanced level. They are able to diagnose and treat healthcare needs or refer to an appropriate specialist if needed.
Our Nurse Practitioners are: Donna Bracey (Clinical Services Manager), Karen Greeves and Julie Keene.
Nurse Practitioners can:
- Take a comprehensive patient history
- Carry out physical examinations as required
- Use their expert knowledge and clinical judgment to identify the potential diagnosis
- Refer patients for investigations where appropriate
- Make a final diagnosis
- Decide on and carry out treatment, including the prescribing of medicines, or refer patients to an appropriate specialist
- Nurse Practitioners also run clinics for Asthma, COPD and Diabetes.
Nurse Practitioners are now making a significant impact in Primary Care in General Practices.
You can book appointments with our Nurse Practitioners online or by calling reception.
We currently have six Nurses: Sonia, Alison, Julie-Ann, Linda (Diabetes nurse) and Claire (Respiratory Nurse) and Clare. Our nurses are very experienced and have all been working in primary care for a number of years.
Nurses are an important part of delivering care in general practice to include:
- Family Planning and sexual health advice
- Childhood and adult immunisations
- Travel Health advice and immunisations
- Wound management – to include assessment and treatment.
- Cervical Screening
- Ear irrigation.
- Diabetes care (Linda)
- Respiratory Care (Claire)
We have three healthcare assistants, Sue, Jodie, Rachael and Paula who work under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional. Their roles vary slightly depending of experience and courses they have attended however they are all extremely committed to learning new skills and therefore are developing all the time.
Sue has completed her NVQ and Jodie and Rachael are currently on the NVQ course.
Healthcare assistants can:
- Perform venepuncture
- Ear irrigation (Sue and Jodie Only)
- Wound management under the guidance of the Nurse Team
- Adult injections/Vaccinations to include: Flu, Pneumococcal, Shingles and Vitamin B12 (Sue only)
- Health checks (Jodie and Rachael only)
- Diabetes pre nurse assessment clinics
- BP checks
- Warfarin (INR) Checks
We currently have 1 part-time phlebotomists, Pauline, who collects blood from patients for examination in laboratories, the results of which provide valuable information to diagnosing and managing illness. They work alongside the HCA’s and Nurses.
Phlebotomists role includes:
- Warfarin (INR) checks
- Blood Pressure