Patient Access gives you the ability to book and manage appointments online and to be able to request your repeat medication. You will also be able to see a summary view of your medication, allergies and immunisations. If you have a smartphone you can download an app to let you do this on the move.
In order to use this service you need to register and provide us with ID to gain full access.
There are two ways of registering:
- In person at the Drayton, St Faiths or Horsford Surgeries
- You will be asked to show the receptionist some identification, once you have confirmed your identity with them you will be given your registration details.
- Please note you will not be able to register on behalf of someone else. The receptionist will only give the registration details to the person who is signing up for Patient Access.
- Please see the section below Why are you asking for my id? for more details Online at https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk
- You can register online at the above website
- When you are asked for the postcode of the practice please use NR8 6EE
- When you have completed this you will only be able to make one appointment and you will NOT have access to any repeat medication. You will still need to complete the registration in person to present your id in person.
- Please see the section below Why are you asking for my id? for more details.
Why are you asking for my id?
Over the next few years the amount of information available to patients online will be increasing. We have a duty to our patients to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times and that the information is only available to the appropriate patient.
By asking for id we can ensure that access to the online services is given to the correct patient – we want to make sure that we don’t give somebody else access to your information. It is also a requirement of the service we are using that we ask for id.
It is also for this reason that we will only be able to grant access in person and you will be unable to complete the registration on behalf of someone else.
Access For Children
We will be allowing children access to the system, in most cases we will allow the parents of children under 15 to register on behalf of their child.
When a child reaches 15 (or earlier in some circumstances) we will suspend access to the system until the child attends the surgery and requests access in person. This to help maintain confidentiality for the child as they grow into adulthood.
We maintain the right to revoke access at any time for patients who abuse the system or where access to the service could breach confidentiality for the patient and or family of the patient.