Provision of Travel advice and vaccinations
Due to our specialist travel nurse leaving the practice we are not currently not able to provide a full travel vaccination service.
If you are travelling abroad please be aware that the surgery no longer runs travel clinics, provides prescriptions for malaria prophylactic drugs or gives non NHS vaccines. Providing travel immunisations is not part of standard NHS services.
However we will provide Hepatitis A, Typhoid and Diphtheria Tetanus and polio vaccinations in line with our contract for NHS vaccine provision.
For travel vaccines other than those above, advice or malaria prophylactic medication you need to attend a specialist travel service, these services are private and therefore subject to charges.
If you are going abroad please follow the advice below,
- Visit www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk enter your destinations and view the advice.
- If you need vaccines other than those listed above or malaria prophylactic drugs please contact a private travel service (details below)
- Download the Travel Information Sheet
- If you still want advice, complete the Travel Risk Assessment Form and return to the practice.
- If you are attending a private service and require a list of past vaccinations please come into the surgery and ask at reception.
Private travel services in the Norwich Area include
Globe Travel26 Cattle Market St, Norwich01603 667323
Timberhill Travel 0300 0300 333 or 01603 611786
Superdrug 12 St Stephens StNorwich.
Boots Chapelfield Mall
Magdalen Medical Practice – Lawson Rd NR3 4LF – 01603 477701
UEA Medical Practice – 01603 251600
Malaria prevention medication can also be obtained online at onlinedoctor.superdrug.com