We are aware of an issue where patients are receiving multiple copies of a “mjog message” if they have the mjog messenger app. We are investigating the cause of this and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO A NATIONAL SHORTAGE OF FLU VACCINES WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY ABLE TO BOOK FLU CLINICS TO PATIENTS 65+
PATIENTS IN OTHER AT RISK GROUPS WILL BE VACCINATED IN OCTOBER / NOVEMBER
There are different types of vaccination for influenza, patients are offered the vaccine that is most effective for their age:
- children aged 2 to 17 in an eligible group are offered a live attenuated quadrivalent vaccine (LAIV), given as a nasal spray
- adults aged 18 to 64 who are either pregnant, or at increased risk from flu because of a long-term health condition, are offered a quadrivalent injected vaccine – the vaccine offered will have been grown either in eggs or cells (QIVe or QIVc), which are considered to be equally effective
- adults aged 65 and over will be offered either an adjuvanted trivalent injected vaccine grown in eggs (aTIV) or a cell-grown quadrivalent injected vaccine (QIVc) – both vaccines are considered to be equally effective.
We have been informed by our suppliers that there is delay in deliveries of the QIVe and QIVc vaccination. We are expecting deliveries of these vaccines after our Saturday flu clinics.
We will be running Saturday morning Over 65 years flu clinics on
- Saturday 21st September 2019 – Drayton Surgery
- Saturday 28th September 2019 – Drayton Surgery
- Saturday 5th October 2019 – St Faiths Surgery
- Saturday 12th October 2019 – Horsford Surgery
Under 65 years flus for those patients eligible and weekday flu clinics (likely to be mid to late October 2019) will be confirmed asap
Appointments can be booked online from early September or by contacting the practice on 01603 867532 (for all surgeries) after 10.00am.
Please check our website or Facebook page for up to date info. Patients signed up to our SMS reminders service or to the mjog app will be sent notifcations when we are ready to book clinics.
If you don’t have online access yet, please contact the surgery. We can register you for this over the phone and email your username and password to you instantly.
We are looking for full time and part time Patient Services Administrators to join our friendly team. You will need to be able to start at 8am and afternoon shifts finish at 5.30pm/6.00pm/6.30pm. We are willing to consider morning/afternoon shifts as well as full days.
Please submit your CV & application form together with a covering letter confirming the hours and shifts you would be willing to do by Friday 16th August 2019.
For more information please visit our jobs page
To all our patients and carers please come to our Patient Particpation & Carers Group meeting this Wednesday (17th July) at Drayton Village Hall from 10am to 11.30am. Carers Matters will be joining us and we look forward to hearing your views and sharing Drayton Medical Practice’s news with you. For more information please call the surgery or just turn up.
We have been made aware that some patients are being contacted by “the NHS” arranging a health check at neighbouring practices.
The telephone number calling patients is 01903 905156.
We believe that this telephone number is operated by a company fishing for personal details.
We have consulted with our Data Protection Officer and at the moment are treating this as a marketing / phishing scam and not a data breach.
Drayton Medical Practice only invite patients to health checks via letter or via new patient registrations. Telephone calls from the surgery will always be from an 01603 area code.
We have joined a Primary Care Network with:
- Colitshall Medical Practice
- Market Surgery, Aylsham
- Reepham & Hungate Surgeries
- North Norfolk Primary Care
For more information click HERE
We are looking for a full time dispenser to join our team.
Job Description and application form via the link below
Some patients will soon be invited to take part in a national
survey about their experiences of local NHS
The GP Patient Survey is an independent survey run by Ipsos MORI on behalf of NHS England. The survey is sent out to over two million people across the UK. The results show how people feel about their GP practice.